MY HEARTBREAKING CONCERN

When I see people with substantial financial capability purchase mediocre quality dogs, I'm disappointed. Note that I don't have a right to be, but I am anyway - something about that just being my opinion. I believe what's worth getting is worth getting the best of.


Many dog buyers don't do much of a research prior to their purchase. But I am bound to admit that they are not under obligation to. After all, whatever they buy they own, and they have rights to choose what they own. Looking to own and raise super dogs may not be the life aim of every dog lover. Moreso, why should a breeder care about improving his stock as long as he's making money? Why even go through the risks of breeding pedigree? He's not looking for name, for class, or even for the sheer satisfaction of doing breeding right for its own sake. The only motivation in view is the economic satisfaction that puts bread on the table.


The canines are not humans and there's nothing I, by myself, can do for them in the breeding hands of their owners. But maybe I'm the one who is selfish, perhaps it appears I'm begrudging those who are able to make money any time they spew out pups from their backyards. Maybe I'm so obsessed with quality I forget fairly good dogs can be appreciated as well... But is that really it?


Perhaps I am just concerned enough for the original breeds and how far the generations have deviated from their signature traits. Or can I not just be worried that the delusion of mutts for purebreds is becoming more rampant? Indeed I should be concerned that in years to come these our Canine friends who cannot speak for themselves would lose their historical value, and then, being no more than history, we will not be able to help them in any way. The source of their ailments or disadvantaged natures, when more than one generation backward may not be traceable.


I don't know how these owners look on other owners who neuter/spay/castrate their dogs so as not to populate mutts. I think that the depopulators do the necessary to their dogs in good faith. And those who decide not to own dogs yet if they can't afford dogs without a history are not deceiving themselves.. I'll end my ranting and wailings for now and hope for a pacifier, or chocolates, or your careful consideration on this matter. ~~ I.L.K

Comments

  1. Depth.. We mourn with you and we hope for the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Let's just keep doing right by our breed... Amazing read. Thank bro, I've started seeing you everywhere and you're an inspiration to the this breeding generation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely put...
    Amazing read...
    Thoughts provoking assertions..
    You hit the hammer right on the nail....
    Breeders must rise to the challenge and be counted..
    Prosperity will judge us all...
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely put...
    Amazing read...
    Thoughts provoking assertions..
    You hit the hammer right on the nail....
    Breeders must rise to the challenge and be counted..
    Prosperity will judge us all...
    Well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'POLICE ARREST'

THE VIRUS

True Patriotism